“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Asian Age -Bachelor's Kitchen ( 22/11/09)

There are many instances when things accidentally happen and turn out to be "creatively delicious". This usually happens in cooking and the same thing happened to me when I accidentally made a yummy cheela out of rice.

I was supposed to cook normal boiled rice, as my mother was not at home that day.
Now usually what we do while cooking rice is that we add some extra water in rice and then rinse it off to avoid extra fat. So I added some extra water into the cooker and put the rice on the gas covered it with the lid and left it to boil.

Instead of standing there for 15 mins, I thought I'll watch TV. So, I came and sat on the couch and started watching a movie. As can be guessed, I forgot to check the rice.

By the time I remembered it, it was too late. The rice had turned into some porridge like thing. It was a white paste that was nothing close to what I had expected.

Ok, there was no solution and I wasn't willing to eat it that way. So I thought I'd use some creativity and this is what I did and discovered a new dish, which I proudly call "cheela Shikha" at times.

INGREDIENTS: (As told to Swati Vishnoi by Shikha Rawat,mediaperson) Boil rice, or rather overboil rice for about 30 mins. Add some black pepper, red chilli power and salt to taste. Mix well all the ingredients. Add some besan and mix well till it becomes a fine paste. Heat some oil in the pan. Spread the mixture like a dosa in the pan. Let it cook on one side and then turn it without breaking. Cook on other side. Add some more oil if it sticks to the pan. Garnish with hara dhaniya and hari mirch.

So the next time you do something accidentally, just add some creativity and relish your tasty accident. Over boiled rice Black pepper Red chilli powder Salt, to taste Cooking oil

No comments:

Post a Comment