“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Eggless banana cake

I surfed the net & came across this recipe @http://recipesbysam.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/the-best-ever-eggless-whole-wheat-banana-bread-with-walnuts-and-cardamom-sprinkled-with-sesame-seeds-on-top-%e2%80%93-baked-in-cooker/

I made some changes & got a yummy cake smelling of bananas !

Ingredients : 1 cup whole wheat flour ( instead of maida ) ,1 tsp baking soda,1/2 (0.5 )cup sugar,4 elaichis ( cardamoms),2 over ripe bananas,1/4 cup milk ( 1.25 cup),1/4 cup oil,25 raisins ( optional ).




Method : I mixed the atta ( whole wheat flour ) & baking soda nicely.I skipped sieving the atta along with the soda as in my last recipe when I had sieved ,hardly any flour lumps were left on the sieve.

I mashed the over ripe bananas& added sugar & mixed.Powder the cardamoms & added to the banana -sugar mixture.I added this banana mix to the flour -soda mix.I mixed the mixture thoroughly.Then I poured oil into the mixture & whisked it.Now add a little milk to mix nicely & get a drop down consistency of the batter.Add raisins if you wish. 

Take a microwaveable dish & grease it with oil.Pour the cake batter into the greased dish.Microwave for 5 to 5.5 minutes.Let it stand for 15 minutes after switching off the microwave.Remove the cake from the microwave & let it cool for 15-20 minutes.Turn the dish upside down on a plate.Cut it into desired shapes & serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment