“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Eggless Carrot cake in Microwave .

I tried this cake 2 times earlier .They came out fine.This time, though ,it turned out superbly !

I have tried this carrot cake recipe from http://www.foodtale.com/2010/02/01/eggless-cinnamon-carrot-cake/
I made a few changes & my recipe is as under.

Ingredients : 1/2  cup whole wheat flour ( I used Pillsbury brand ),1/4 cup quick oats,2 tbsp corn flour,5 pistachios,5 almonds,5 hazelnuts,1/2 cup sugar,1/2 tsp baking powder,1/4 tsp baking soda,1/2 cup grated carrots,a pinch of salt,1/2 tsp vanilla essence,1/4 cup oil,1/4 cup curds or dahi ,water to adjust consistency of batter.The dry fruits are optional.

Method : My small jar of mixer is quite big & so I took the oats & the dry fruits ( pistas,hazelnuts & almonds ) & powdered them at one go.I used dry fruits as my daughter does not eat them otherwise.Even adding them whole or big pieces to the cake batter will make her avoid the cake.One can add them whole if it is fine to consume cake pieces with whole dry fruits.I forgot to add a piece of cinnamon while powdering this oats -dry fruit mixture & hence my cake is without cinnamon.

Sieve the whole wheat flour ,corn flour,oat flour ,dry fruit mix along with sugar,baking soda & baking powder.Keep aside.

In another vessel ,take oil ,add vanilla essence & dahi .Mix.Pour this mix, into a well, made in the dry ingredient mix.Mix till no lumps remain.Now add carrot & mix again. .Add water to adjust the cake batter consistency.The consistency has to be just a little more than drop down consistency as I bake in microwave.

Take a microwaveable vessel & line the bottom with butter paper.Now pour the cake batter into the vessel -on to  the butter paper lining the bottom of the vessel.Tap the vessel sides ,after the batter has been poured to release any air bubbles.

Bake in microwave for 8 minutes.Let the vessel be standing in the microwave for 5 minutes after it is switched off as the cooking continues.Take out the vessel using cotton padded gloves .Use a toothpick or knife to check .If the toothpick or knife comes out clean after poking it into the cake ,then cake is ready.Allow the cake to cool.After 15-20 minutes,put the vessel upside down on a plate. The cake will drop down on the plate.Allow it to cool further.Then remove the butter paper sticking to the cake bottom.Cut into desired shapes & serve.


My neighbour complimented, "This is the best cake, made by you, so far ."


No comments:

Post a Comment