“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Eggless Pear Upside down cake

I wanted to make this cake from the day I glanced at  gluten free version of pear cake on  "My diverse kitchen" .I finally brought one single pear & made this cake a week ago.It turned out too good to my surprise !

I was inspired by http://priyaeasyntastyrecipes.blogspot.in/2011/01/eggless-pear-oats-upside-down-cake.html

I changed the recipe a bit.

Ingredients : 1/4 cup jowar atta,1/4 cup raagi atta,1/4 cup oats,a little less than 1/4 cup maida & another little less than 1/4 cup corn flour,1/2 tsp baking soda,1/2 tsp baking powder,a pinch of salt,1/2-3/4 cup jaggery sugar ( I have given this amount as little more than 1/2 cup was enough for my taste),1/2 cup dahi or curds,1/2 cup boiled water,1/4 cup oil,2tsp vinegar ( I used simple colouless vinegar as I don't have apple cider vinegar).

Method : Mix all the dry flours together in a bowl.Add baking soda ,baking powder & salt to the flour mix & mix nicely with spoon or fork many times.Keep aside.

Mix curds,oil,vinegar & sugar in another bowl..Dissolve sugar so that no lumps of sugar remain.Make aeell in the flour mix & pour the liquid mix of oil,vinegar & curds.Mix nicely.Now add boiled water till no lumps remain & a drop down consistency batter is obtained.Keep aside.

Take a microwaveable vessel & line it with butter paper.Place thinly cut slices of pear on the butter paper in any pattern that you like.Pour the batter over the pear slices.Bake in microwave for 8-9 minutes.My cake came out perfect in 8.5 minutes.

Let it cool in microwave for 10 minutes.Then take out the cake & let it cool for 15 minutes.Then put the microwaveable vessel with cake upside down on to a plate.The cake will drop down on plate.Check if the cake has cooled. Then cut into desired pieces &  serve.


My cake was little crumbly -so next time around ,I will put only 1 tbsp of corn atta.


No comments:

Post a Comment