“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Friday, January 18, 2013

Badam halwa.

I came across this sweet @http://www.talimpu.com/2012/10/01/almond-kova/
I made it in my own way.It turned out awesome & my kid devoured it !

This is very simple recipe.

Ingredients : 1 cup malai removed from milk & stored in freezer,1/3 cup sugar,20 almonds,2-3 kesar strands.

Method : I remove malai & keep in freezer daily.When it amounts to 1 cup.I de freeze it.

Powder sugar & almonds in mixer .Keep aside.

Heat the malai in a kadhai till it starts thickening .Add 2-3 strands of kesar.Add almond sugar powder to the thickening malai.

Stir while all get mixed up & become more thick.Put off gas.Serve in bowl.

The sweetness is just right.If you are fond of more sweetness,please increase the amount of sugar to be added.

My daughter just gobbles it up, in one sitting !

2 comments: