“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Monday, April 20, 2015

Akhi Masoor ki dal

  • I had some masoor  in my kitchen.I had not made it for quite some time. Sangeeta Khanna had shared a recipe on this lentil.I thought why not try it out .And it turned out to be so satisfyingly yummy ! 


  • Sangeeta Khanna has given many versions of sabut masoor ki dal.I tried only one of  the many recipes.

  • Ingredients : 1/3 Cup sabut masoor, 1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 tsp roasted jeera powder, 1/4 tsp grated ginger,1 small onion chopped,1 small tomato chopped, 1 green chilly chopped, 1/4 tsp haldi,1/4 tsp hing, 1 tsp ghee,salt to taste.



  • Method : 

  • Make puree of chopped onions,tomato ,hari mirchi & adrak.Add this puree  to washed masoor .Add haldi ,hing & salt to taste.Add 1 cup water ( 1 cup water to 1/3 cup dal...proportion is 1 : 3 ) .Pressure cook on high up to 1 whistle.Then lower the flame & cook for 10-15 minutes.Put off gas.When the cooker cools,remove whistle followed by  the lid.Serve masoor with roti and or rice.


I had forgotten to add ghee while cooking.I added ghee when I removed the lid. The taste of dal was awesome. And texture superb ! I am going to make this often .




















No comments:

Post a Comment