“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Monday, May 25, 2015

Langar ki dal

I love langar ka khana.The feast is so simple & yet fulfills sumptuously.I have been thinking of trying the dal which is served at langars for quite some time. I choose two recipes .....one from divinetaste & another from vegrecipesofindia.I mixed the two & made this dal.

Ingredients : 1 /4 cup split urad dal + 1 tbsp chana dal soaked for 2-3 hours, 1 small onion finely chopped, 2-3 small tomatoes pureed in mixer , 1 green chilly finely chopped, 1 tsp grated ginger, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1tbsp dhania powder, 1/2 tsp whole jeera , 1 tbsp ghee, 1/2 tsp haldi, salt to taste.

Method : Pressure cook the dals with haldi upto   1 whistle.Then cook on slow flame for upto 15-20 minutes, Put off gas Let it cool.

In a kadhai take ghee.Heat it.Add jeera.When they splutter add finely chopped onions ,grated ginger & hari mirchi.Nicely shallow fry till the onions start turning brown.Add tomato puree. Mix nicely.Cook for five minutes. Then add dhania powder followed by red chilli powder. Mix nicely.Add the cooked dal. Add water if consistency is too thick.Add salt.Mix.Let it simmer for 5 minutes or till it thickens.Put off gas .Serve with garnished fresh dhania.This goes well with rice as also rotis.


I generally make a paste of chopped onions ,grated ginger & chopped hari mirchi & put it in kadhai.Then I make a puree of tomatoes & put it in kadhai.I am not good at chopping finely & so this shortcut.

I loved the langar ki dal Will make this often now.

No comments:

Post a Comment