“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Sunday, June 21, 2015

Tomato rice.

I had been served tomato rice in Chennai. They even sell tomato pickles there. This tomato pickle can be mixed with rice & consumed if one feels lazy to cook rasam or dal to go with the rice. Very handy for someone lazy like me.

I looked up many versions of tomato rice on the net. I felt ,I must make my own version .



Ingredients : 1 cup cooked rice  ( rice cooked in pressure cooker ) , 1 tbsp oil,2 tomatoes roughly chopped, 1 onion ,thinly sliced, 1-2green chillies finely chopped, 10-12  kadi patta leaves, 1 small cinnamon stick, 1bay leaf, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds,1/2 tsp garlic ginger paste or ginger paste,1/2 tsp urad dal or chana dal or both, 1/4 tsp haldi, 1/4 tsp hing,1 byadgi mirchi broken into two three pieces, 1 tsp rasam powder, salt to taste.

Method : Spread the pressure cooked rice in a large plate. Keep aside.

Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds.When they pop,add urad dal and or chana dal .After the dal has turned golden brow, add byadgi mirchi & kadi patta.Add garlic ginger paste or ginger paste. Mix nicely.Add onions & hari mirchi.Fry nicely.Add cinnamon stick & bay leaf. Mix nicely.Add haldi & hing. Add chopped tomatoes & salt.Mix nicely.Within 5-minutes, tomatoes will start getting mushy.Let it cook for 5-10 more minutes. Mix nicely. It will become a puree now. Add rasam powder now. Mix nicely. Put off gas.

After 5 minutes. Add this spicy puree to rice & mix nicely.Tomato rice is ready .It can be eaten with dahi or raita or with papd or chips.




My tomato rice was just right for my taste buds...not spicy at all.One can add sambar powder as well.Or even garam masala or maybe more chillies.





1 comment:

  1. I like taste food. But as a student I don't always have tome for this. But in order to save time I use essay services www.uk-essay-reviews.com

    ReplyDelete