“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Saturday, July 8, 2017

Kadipatta tambli

Curry leaves or kadipatta are rich in iron .Consuming curry leaves helps in increasing the hemoglobin content of blood.

I was told about this tambli or yoghurt based dish by my mom I googled it & came across this recipe.It is a coolant recipe for the hot summers.

I tried it & it came out well.I mean, no one can go wrong with this dish.Its so simply easy !


Ingredients : 1/3 cup yoghurt, 1/4 tsp cumin seeds, 1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1  byadgi mirchi de stemmed & broken into 3/4 pieces, 1 green chilli roughly chopped, 1/4 cup fresh dessicated coconut, 3-4 peppercorns,2 tsp oil, 8-10 sprigs of curry leaves, 1/2 tsp urad dal,salt to taste.



Method : Heat a wok or kadhai with 1 tsp oil.Add cumin seeds .When they splutter, add the peppercorns,Roast them for a minute .Add 8 sprigs of curry leaves by plucking out the leaves & discarding the stem.Put off the gas.Roast the curry leaves in the kadhai. Keep aside.Let this cool.

Take the yoghurt & add salt.Whisk the yoghurt with salt into a nice creamy buttermilk.Keep aside.

Take a blender. Add dessicated coconut, chopped green chilly, & the roasted cumin, peppercorns curry leaves mix.Blend into a paste by adding little water. Stop the blender. Scoop out the paste & add to the whisked salted buttermilk.Mix nicely. Keep aside.

Make a seasoning by heating oil in a kadhai.Add mustard seeds.After they splutter, add urad dal.They will turn golden brown.Add curry leaves & broken pieces of byadgi mirchi. Put off the gas.

Pour this seasoning ovr the whisked buttermilk to which the paste has been added.

The tambli is ready.Add to rice. Mix & enjoy.


Tips : My ground paste was grainy as I ground the ingredients   in the dry grinder.I added some water & yet, the result was that the paste was grainy. I did this as the wet grinder attachment of my mixie is too big & the quantity of paste needed was too small.The dry grinder attachment of my mixie is comparatively smaller.

This is another recipe for #livoenironchef entry for the Iron Chef contest on IndiBlogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment