“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Saturday, October 7, 2017

Apple Halwa.

I had got leftover unsweetened apple sauce. This sauce was brought from store by my teen for making cakes eggless. I thought why not make a sweet dish using this apple sauce & yet, I wanted to avoid cakes , cookies etc.I googled & came across this apple halwa. I looked up one more recipe .My recipe is a combination of both these recipes & maybe a little bit of some tweaking of the recipes.

Ingredients : 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce ( apples can be used as well as in this recipe ) , 1 cup sugar, 1 tbsp ghee, 1 tsp ghee for greasing the plate, assorted dry fruits chopped, 1 tsp cardamom powder.


Method : Take a thick kadhai & add ghee. As it melts, add the unsweetened apple sauce. Keep gas on slow flame throughout the recipe . Keep frying the apple sauce till it tarts thickening as it loses moisture. Please check so that it does not get stuck to the bottom of the kadhai

Add sugar to the thickened apple sauce ghee mix in the kadhai. The sugar will start melting .Keep stirring so that all ingredients mix nicely.Add the chopped dry fruits into the mix. Mix all nicely.  Every now & then give a good stir to the contents.As the mix in the kadhai gets thickening again, be careful.It will soon start leaving the sides of the kadhai.  Let it be on the gas stove.


Grease a plate with ghee all over.

Put off the gas. Pour the thickened halwa into the grease plate. Spread it evenly with a bottom of the katori. Let it cool.Then cut into desired shapes & serve.


My halwa became too sweet Next time, I would be using less sugar ...maybe 3/4 cup  sugar for 1 cup apple sauce or maybe even half cup sugar would be apt.

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried it using real apples? Green pumpkin halwa is also v tasty...but never tried apples

    ReplyDelete